Stormwater Management Systems
When stormwater runs directly into watersheds, it can be a major source of pollution. New regulations require engineers to find improved solutions for stormwater. Fiberglass underground storage tanks are the superior choice for stormwater capture and reuse detention and infiltration systems.
When stormwater overflows into a sewer collection system, it’s often directed to a river, stream, lake or ocean without treatment. This runoff can contain a surprising amount of pollutants, including oil, grease, raw sewage and pesticides. Stormwater management systems using underground tanks prevent flooding and reduce erosion in rivers and streams. Our tanks filter pollutants before the water is released in a controlled volume to the environment.
Watertight fiberglass underground tanks can be used to harvest and reuse stormwater to irrigate parks, gardens and recreational fields. These applications help reduce water consumption and provide sustainable benefits for communities.
Fiberglass underground storage tanks have distinct advantages over traditional options.
Concrete and corrugated metal are frequently used to retain stormwater, but they’re vulnerable to corrosion. Concrete can also crack and leak. Fiberglass is uniquely corrosion resistant, resulting in a longer material lifecycle.
- Controlled retention to prevent flooding
- Pollution reduction
- Landscape irrigation to reduce water consumption
- Space saving and safer than open retention ponds
- Custom pipe and tank length determined by your needs
- Lightweight for cost-effective shipping and easy installation
- A wide assortment of custom options for turnkey storage solutions
ZCL | Xerxes chambers can be easily modeled with the HydroCAD Stormwater Modeling System, allowing simplified calculation of the chamber’s storage and infiltration behavior. The HydroCAD Chamber Wizard also performs automated chamber system layout, and simplifies the process of designing a chamber system meeting specific storage and footprint requirements. Click here for details.
HydroCAD® is a registered trademark of HydroCAD Software Solutions LLC.
- Rated for H-20 and HS-20 traffic loads
- 5 to 1 safety factor design
- Integral rib design creates structural strength
- Corrosion resistant, inside and out
- Buoyancy calculations provided
- Engineered deadmen system supplied
- Up to 35' deep burial
- Variety of accessories available