What is an oil interceptor?
Government environmental standards have increased specifications for stormwater systems. Oil leaking from vehicles and manufacturing facilities can cause hydrocarbons to contaminate rivers, groundwater and soil. Drains in parking garages, vehicle-maintenance facilities and manufacturing plants collect water runoff that may contain oil or sediment. Oil interceptors filter the water and store the oil and sediment.
Business owners install oil separators to prevent environmental pollution and avoid costly fines.
How our oil interceptor works
As the water enters our tank, a baffle plate reduces the flow and turbulence so that oils rise to the surface of the water. Our tank collects oil and sediment and then stores it for later disposal. Clean water passes through to the stormwater/sewer system.
ZCL | Xerxes oil interceptors
Our oil interceptors are designed for maximum performance in capturing and storing harmful liquids and solids, including hydrocarbon oils. We make our interceptors from durable, non-corrosive fiberglass to keep the environment safe. The smooth, cylindrical shape of our tanks allows for easier cleaning and removal of oil and sediment sludge.
We have provided customers with durable and sustainable products that protect the environment for decades. Our proven track record along with our financial strength assures customers that we will be around to support our industry-leading products and warranties.
-Vehicle maintenance facilities
-State, provincial and municipal transportation facilities
- 30-year limited warranty
- Not limited by burial depth or water table
- Smooth cylindrical interior shape is easy to clean
- Cylindrical design provides a longer flow pattern for better separation
- Corrosion-resistant secondary containment around full circumference of tank
- 100% premium resin and fiberglass (no fillers)
- Sizes available to fit most site requirements
- Available in underground and aboveground models
- Available in single-wall, double-wall and triple-wall models
- Designed to withstand surface H-20 and HS-20 axle loads
- Flexible design options
- Lightweight and easy to install
- Variety of accessories available
- IAPMO-listed models available
View our NEW Grease Interceptor 3D animation!
Crafted for performance, flexibility & safety
Discover the benefits of our advanced fluid storage technology and product expertise for enhancing system design and extending project lifecycle performance.